A Cozy Bed and Breakfast Inn featuring vintage comfort for vacation and
Coronado Island, San Diego Bay, California
The Cherokee Lodge is located one block from downtown
Coronado near numerous charming bistros and restaurants, providing guests
with many options for meals and entertainment. You will be just 2 1/2 blocks
from the beach and 4 blocks from the historic Hotel Del Coronado in a quiet
residential area less than 15 minutes from San Diego Lindberg Field airport.
“WALKER’S PARADISE” rating (walkscore.com).
In 1896, three houses of unknown vintage were
barged across San Diego Bay to Coronado Island
and joined together with additional
structure for the purpose of operating a public lodging house.
This establishment began operation as The Cherokee Lodge
and has 12 bedrooms plus common areas. The Cherokee
Lodge derives its name from Cherokee Roses bordering the
property at the beginning of the 20th century.
964D Avenue, Coronado, California (Cherokee Lodge) was specified
by Rear Admiral Raymond A. Spruance in 1942 as his home address while
he commanded US Navy forces during the WWII “Battle of Midway.”
Enjoy comforts of home while being close to the many
adventures of Coronado, San Diego, and San Diego county. (Just a few are:
the world famous Zoo, SeaWorld, LegoLand, Wild Animal Park, etc. etc.)
Relax at the finest beach in the United States, or explore the Ferry Landing
Marketplace at the foot of First Street with its shops, restaurants and
stunning views of downtown San Diego. You can take a 15 minute ferry ride
between Coronado and San Diego providing easy access to: San Diego Harbor Area,
USS Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum, Gas Light District, Convention Center, and
Location - Directions (Google Maps)
Rooms and Amenities
- Free national and international VOIP telephone calls from room.
- All rooms and common area have FREE wired and wireless internet access. High speed
access also via common area computer.
- Ice machine, microwave and free laundry located in a common access area.
- Air Conditioned rooms with Satellite TVs, DVDs and refrigerators.
- Continental breakfast voucher for use at Panera Bread located one block from the lodge.
- Military Per Diem and U.S. Government Per Diem Accepted.
- Double occupancy rooms with private bath from $135 per night. (Please call for current rates and discounts.)
- For your safety and comfort, smoking or open flame of any kind, including
burning of incense and/or candles, is prohibited inside the lodge.
Click for a Virtual Tour
964 D Avenue
Coronado, California 92118
Toll Free: 877-743-6213